Thursday, September 9, 2010

Dark Energy


Member: Gene Engelgau
Club: AeroPAC, Lunar
Altitude: 15,300
Motor: I59NP, I600R
Project Goal: : Dark Energy is an all-carbon precision 38mm rocket. It is 36" long and weighs just 15oz fully loaded but without motor. It's designed to hold a 38/1040 case plus a single small Fruity Chute, Feather Weight Parrot altimeter and a BRB tracking beacon. Current flights have been spectacular with tremendous acceleration and straight as an arrow flights. The most recent flight at August TCC where DE went to 11740' using a I435T. It hit Mach 1.7 and the accelerometer was maxed out at 92G.

Originally this was to go for the J altitude record, but that may that difficult. But the current I Record listed on TRA website by William Inman seems in reach. An I59 should break 15K'. I'll also try a I600 to see how high I can get using it, and how fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment